1. We never know what beauty is around every corner.
Whether you’re at the coast, mountains or in between, it’s always spectacular year round here.
2. We have the best fishing in the country right off of the coast.
It’s not just in the Outer Banks. Some of the best fishing is in the southern part of the state, too. The best part: You don’t have to be a pro.
3. North Carolinians are there for each other, especially when times are tough.
Whether it’s a family loss or a hurricane, neighbors are ready to step in and lend a hand.
4. North Carolina has the best hiking in the entire south. Hands down.
Places like Moore Cove Falls in the Blue Ridge Parkway are our own personal slice of heaven.
5. The Tar Heel State is dripping in culture.
With places like the Durham Performing Arts Center, you can see the biggest plays and events in the entire south
6. As a kid, we couldn’t wait to get to the beach.
If the beach was too far, then Norman Lake, Jordan Lake or Falls Lake were good enough. But it’s never too hot here in the summer for long stretches, either.
7. We don’t need a major league team here.
The Durham Bulls are the only America’s past time anyone in the state needs.
8. North Carolina loves its military.
It can be argued that there aren’t more patriotic people than the folks in the Tar Heel State. You can actually pay homage to the military by visiting the USS North Carolina Battleship in Wilmington.
9. Amélie’s French Bakery & Café in Charlotte is Heaven.
If you haven’t been there, get in the car this weekend and make the trip. Mind blowing.
10. North Carolina is filled with nature lovers.
There are tons of rescue and rehab centers throughout the state, which help injured animals and lets the public up close, too. This is a shot from the Carolina Tiger Rescue.
11. North Carolinians love their beer.
It seems like there’s a new brewery here every week. That says a lot about the locals appreciation for quality food AND drink.
12. Scenes like this dot the parkways and byways
You see barns and farms in between the big cities. Sometimes, even on your way to work.
13. The small towns have some of the most gracious and open people around.
People actually have manners here. Plus, there are parades and festivals for just about everything.
14. It’s the home of motor racing.
NASCAR is headquartered in Charlotte. And tons of NASCAR legends were born in North Carolina or live there now.
15. Which means Sundays are church and NASCAR.
In that order, of course.
16. Foodies have SO many options, it’s crazy.
While you love your BBQ more than life itself, some places here make vegan an art form. Luna’s Living Kitchen proves not everyone in NC is a meat eater.
17. And, North Carolinians don’t just eat biscuits.
Wake N Bake Donuts in Carolina Beach is an absolute must when you’re on vacation.
18. The Outer Banks gives us the chills.
There’s no place like it on Earth. And it’s right in your backyard.
19. We can see a dolphin in the morning and a bear in the afternoon.
20. College basketball means every night is must watch TV.
And everyone’s team always has a chance to win the NCAA tournament.
21. The deer walk right up to our front door.
And you’ve given up trying to grow your own gardens. But that’s okay.
22. Some of the best food joints are tiny.
Places like B’s Barbecue in Greenville don’t look like much from the outside, but they’re mouth watering. Plastic chairs and tables mean the best barbecue, right?
23. We just love the south, period.
It’s not just the way you talk or your values. It’s everything in between.
24. When we need to get away, it’s not too far away.
With scenes like this in Linville (near Boone), you don’t have an excuse for having a gloomy day.
25. Zero North Carolina residents say anything bad about their home.
Why would you? It’s heaven.