1. Welcome to summer in Michigan
2. Where the sun rises with a sense of awe.
3. Where after breakfast means a solo sailing trip…
4. …or a trip for two for lunch.
5. Where you can find the most isolated beaches
6. ..for sand in your toes and pine in your nose.
7. …and perfect for sand castles.
8. There’s a lot more than Lake Michigan to visit
9. Like the best island on earth.
10. Summer in Michigan means the best produce in the midwest,
11. …and the best blueberries on earth.
12. It means more festivals about music…
Kalamazoo’s Island Fest
13. Festivals for kites…
Great kite festival, Grand Haven
14. Festivals for racing…
Motorcycle fest, Mason, MI
15. Festivals for flowers…
Holland Tulip Festival, Veldheer Gardens
16. …and festivals for beer. (The best breweries are in Michigan.)
Bell’s Brewery, Kalamazoo
17. Michigan summers mean outdoor adventures
Michigan’s Adventure, Meskegon
18. and afternoon ballgames.
19. Michigan summers are pleasant
20. …and relaxing…
Arbor Lakes, MI
21. …and awe insiring.
22. Summers mean the best mountain hiking around
Overlooked Falls, Nonesuch Mine
23. …and the best beach hiking trails, too
Platte River Outlet
24. The sunsets are gorgeous this time of year
25. …whether you’re alone…
26. …or with friends.
27. Michigan summer nights mean fireflies.
28. and some of the best star gazing
29. A Michigan summer is carnivals
30. …and bonfires by the beach
31. The best Michigan summer nights end with a show
32. And then it starts all over again tomorrow.
Sleeping Bear Dunes