You’ve seen these lists before: Best places to live in Missouri, Most Beautiful Downtowns, etc., etc. But all of them focus on major cities and towns in the Show Me State and no one pays attention to the little guy.
Well, that’s all about to change as we put together a list of the best small towns in Missouri based on numbers–not opinions or hearsay.
We’ll dive right into our methodology in the next section; but first, we thought you might just want to know which places in Missouri ranked the based–you know, based on science.
Before we get to the top 20, here’s a look at the 10 Best Small Towns To Live in Missouri for 2018:
- Frontenac (Homes For Sale)
- Oakland (Homes For Sale)
- Warson Woods (Homes For Sale)
- Fremont Hills (Homes For Sale)
- Weatherby Lake (Homes For Sale)
- Rock Hill (Homes For Sale)
- Clarkson Valley (Homes For Sale)
- Grantwood Village (Homes For Sale)
- Winchester (Homes For Sale)
- Taos (Homes For Sale)
If you live in one of these small towns like Frontenac, chances are, you’re not surprised. After all, you know how great you have it.
But for the rest of you–keep reading and we’ll get to just why these small towns made our list.
For more reading on the Show Me State check out:
- 10 Best Places To Live In Missouri
- 10 Cheapest Places To Live In Missouri
- 10 Most Dangerous Cities in Missouri
How We Determined The Coolest Towns In Missouri
We threw a lot of criteria at this one in order to get the best, most complete results possible. Using the most recent data from the Census’s 2012-2016 American Community Survey and the Bureau of Labor Statistics, this is the criteria we used:
- Population Density (Higher is better)
- Lowest Unemployment Rates
- Housing costs (Higher is better. More demand.)
- Adjusted Median Income (Higher is better)
- Highly Educated Adults (Higher is better)
- Insurance Rates (Higher is better)
- Commute Times (Lower is better)
We looked at places with populations lower than 5,000 people and greater than 1,000, of which, there were a lot – 230 to be exact.
We then ranked each place in each category with scores from 1 to 230, averaged them out, and the lowest scores went to our Best Small Towns in Missouri. Top of that list — Frontenac.
Keep reading to find out more about our top 20 best small towns in Missouri.
3. Warson Woods
4. Fremont Hills
5. Weatherby Lake
6. Rock Hill
7. Clarkson Valley
8. Grantwood Village
12. Pleasant Valley
15. Lake Winnebago
17. Green Park
18. St. Martins
19. Country Club
Science Can Tackle Any Issue, Even Small Ones
We said it once and we’ll say it again — this list: it’s just science. We did the research, we crunched the numbers, and it turns out, these 20 small towns in Missouri are the best, in which to live.
And who can argue with that?
If you’re curious, here are the worst small towns in Missouri:
For more Missouri reading, check out:
- 10 Best Places To Raise A Family In Missouri
- These Are The 10 Fastest Growing Cities In Missouri
- 10 Safest Places In Missouri
- 10 Best Cities For Singles In Missouri
- 10 Worst Places To Live In Missouri
Detailed List Of The Best Small Towns In Missouri
|32||Village Of Four Seasons||2,272|
|49||Terre Du Lac||2,370|
|54||North Kansas City||4,321|