You’ve seen these lists before: Best places to live in Utah, Most Beautiful Downtowns, etc., etc. But all of them focus on major cities and towns in the Beehive State and no one pays attention to the little guy.
Well, that’s all about to change as we put together a list of the best small towns in Utah based on numbers–not opinions or hearsay.
We’ll dive right into our methodology in the next section; but first, we thought you might just want to know which places in Utah ranked the based–you know, based on science.
Before we get to the top 20, here’s a look at the 10 Best Small Towns To Live in Utah for 2018:
- Hyde Park (Homes For Sale)
- Vineyard (Homes For Sale)
- Mendon (Homes For Sale)
- River Heights (Homes For Sale)
- Mountain Green (Homes For Sale)
- Millville (Homes For Sale)
- Midway (Photos | Homes For Sale)
- Silver Summit (Homes For Sale)
- Morgan (Homes For Sale)
- Emigration Canyon (Homes For Sale)
If you live in one of these small towns like Hyde Park, chances are, you’re not surprised. After all, you know how great you have it.
But for the rest of you–keep reading and we’ll get to just why these small towns made our list.
For more reading on the Beehive State check out:
How We Determined The Coolest Towns In Utah
We threw a lot of criteria at this one in order to get the best, most complete results possible. Using the most recent data from the Census’s 2012-2016 American Community Survey and the Bureau of Labor Statistics, this is the criteria we used:
- Population Density (Higher is better)
- Lowest Unemployment Rates
- Housing costs (Higher is better. More demand.)
- Adjusted Median Income (Higher is better)
- Highly Educated Adults (Higher is better)
- Insurance Rates (Higher is better)
- Commute Times (Lower is better)
We looked at places with populations lower than 5,000 people and greater than 1,000, of which, there were a lot – 71 to be exact.
We then ranked each place in each category with scores from 1 to 71, averaged them out, and the lowest scores went to our Best Small Towns in Utah. Top of that list — Hyde Park.
Keep reading to find out more about our top 20 best small towns in Utah.
1. Hyde Park
4. River Heights
5. Mountain Green
8. Silver Summit
10. Emigration Canyon
11. Elk Ridge
17. Woodland Hills
Science Can Tackle Any Issue, Even Small Ones
We said it once and we’ll say it again — this list: it’s just science. We did the research, we crunched the numbers, and it turns out, these 20 small towns in Utah are the best, in which to live.
And who can argue with that?
If you’re curious, here are the worst small towns in Utah:
- Oljato-Monument Valley
- La Verkin
For more Utah reading, check out:
- 10 Best Places To Raise A Family In Utah
- These Are The 10 Fastest Growing Cities In Utah
- 10 Safest Places In Utah
- 10 Best Cities For Singles In Utah
- 10 Worst Places To Live In Utah
Detailed List Of The Best Small Towns In Utah