You’ve seen these lists before: Best places to live in Wyoming, Most Beautiful Downtowns, etc., etc. But all of them focus on major cities and towns in the Equality State and no one pays attention to the little guy.
Well, that’s all about to change as we put together a list of the best small towns in Wyoming based on numbers–not opinions or hearsay.
We’ll dive right into our methodology in the next section; but first, we thought you might just want to know which places in Wyoming ranked the based–you know, based on science.
Before we get to the top 20, here’s a look at the 10 Best Small Towns To Live in Wyoming for 2019:
- Rafter J Ranch (Homes For Sale)
- South Park (Homes For Sale)
- Wilson (Homes For Sale)
- Moose Wilson Road (Homes For Sale)
- Hoback (Homes For Sale)
- Vista West (Homes For Sale)
- Pinedale (Photos | Homes For Sale)
- Kemmerer (Photos | Homes For Sale)
- Lyman (Photos | Homes For Sale)
- Marbleton (Homes For Sale)
If you live in one of these small towns like Rafter J Ranch, chances are, you’re not surprised. After all, you know how great you have it.
But for the rest of you–keep reading and we’ll get to just why these small towns made our list.
For more reading on the Equality State check out:
- 10 Best Places To Live In Wyoming
- 10 Cheapest Places To Live In Wyoming
- 10 Best Places To Raise A Family In Wyoming
How We Determined The Coolest Towns In Wyoming
We threw a lot of criteria at this one in order to get the best, most complete results possible. Using the most recent data from the Census’s 2012-2016 American Community Survey and the Bureau of Labor Statistics, this is the criteria we used:
- Population Density (Higher is better)
- Lowest Unemployment Rates
- Housing costs (Higher is better. More demand.)
- Adjusted Median Income (Higher is better)
- Highly Educated Adults (Higher is better)
- Insurance Rates (Higher is better)
- Commute Times (Lower is better)
We looked at places with populations lower than 5,000 people and greater than 1,000, of which, there were a lot – 38 to be exact.
We then ranked each place in each category with scores from 1 to 38, averaged them out, and the lowest scores went to our Best Small Towns in Wyoming. Top of that list — Rafter J Ranch.
Keep reading to find out more about our top 20 best small towns in Wyoming.
Science Can Tackle Any Issue, Even Small Ones
We said it once and we’ll say it again — this list: it’s just science. We did the research, we crunched the numbers, and it turns out, these 20 small towns in Wyoming are the best, in which to live.
And who can argue with that?
If you’re curious, here are the worst small towns in Wyoming:
- Fort Washakie
For more Wyoming reading, check out:
Detailed List Of The Best Small Towns In Wyoming
|1||Rafter J Ranch||1,565|
|4||Moose Wilson Road||1,443|
|15||Star Valley Ranch||1,489|
|17||North Rock Springs||2,027|