The Full List Of Cities In Alaska
A comprehensive list of all 23 cities and places in Alaska by letter and population size. You can also browse special categories of cities only found on HomeSnacks.
Alaska Lists Available Below:
Biggest Cities In Alaska
Using the latest Census data, we created a list of all the 23 places in Alaska sorted from biggest to smallest. Feel free to sort by city name, population size, or rank.
|City||Rank||Pop. 2014||Pop. 2013||Pop. 2012||Pop. 2011||Pop. 2010||5yr Growth|
Using FBI crime data, the government census, Bureau of Labor Statistics, and Sperling's Best Places, we identified the worst places to live in Alaska based on the following criteria:
- Population Density (Lower is worse)
- Unemployment Rates (Higher is worse)
- Adjusted Median Income (Lower is worse)
- Average Home Price (Lower is worse)
- Education spending (Lower is worse)
- Crime (Higher is worse)
In order to rank the most redneck places in Alaska, we had to determine what criteria makes a place redneck.
To do that, we used criteria from Yelp, the Census, and Google Places data that included:
The dictionary definition categories
- Small towns
- Least amount of high school graduates
And the stereotypical categories
- Number of bars per city
- Number of mobile home parks per capita
- Number of tobacco stores per city
- Number of places to get fishing gear
- Number of guns and ammo stores per city
- Walmarts, Bass Pro Shops, and dollar stores nearby
Note: For the sake of getting reliable numbers, we counted places within a city's border, as well as within a short driving distance.
While there are surveys and public polls on what cities in a state are the most dangerous, we didn't want to rely on speculation and opinion. Instead, we looked at the hard numbers from the FBI's last three years of reporting.
Specifically, we analyzed the FBI's Uniform Crime Report which summarizes the number of property crimes and violent crimes in each city per year.