1. You will be able to play euchre in your sleep and pick it up from a long hiatus without ever having to ask questions.
2. You will get used to having all four seasons in one day.
For example, there’s winter, rainy winter, leafy winter, and road construction 🙂
3. You will not even be able to imagine eating chili without a peanut butter sandwich.
4. You will catfish all day and go frog giggin that night.
Nothing better than old fashioned fish & frog leg fry.
5. You will start to wave whenever you drive by someone. No matter what. There’s waving everywhere.
6. You will pull over to the side of the road for a funeral procession going in the opposite direction.
7. You will learn to love the smell of manure.
8. You will know that puppy chow isn’t just a brand of dog food.
9. You will become a master of cornhole.
10. You will give someone directions using minutes not miles.
For example, “I have no idea how many miles Indy is from here, but I can tell you exactly how long it takes to get there.”
11. You will know what the term “knee high by 4th of July” means.
12. You will never THINK of trying to buy alcohol on a Sunday.
Of course you thought to stock up the night before.
13. You will see Amish buggies on the road alongside motorcycles. It won’t be that strange.
14. You will start to call anything that’s carbonated and filled with sugar Pop. Unless you’re in very Southern Indiana, where they tend to just call it all “coke” for some reason.
15. You will eat Manhattans — an open faced sandwich served with mashed potatoes.
16. You will call it Santa Claus Land and it’s glorious.
Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari is a rocking good time.
17. You will sing the jingle for Indiana Beach from memory.
18. You will ignore the deer by the side road, unless they make a break for it.
19. You will drive by eight churches without seeing a Starbucks.
20.You will start to love the taste of Grippos.
21. You will have to start explaining that chicken and noodles go ON TOP of mashed potatoes.
Never beside. It’s a Hoosier thing.
22. You will learn that Indiana ‘mangos’ aren’t a yellow fruit.
23. You will live and die by the Colts.
24. You will pick a side between Indiana University Vs Purdue and there’s no turning back.
25. You will have a new favorite pizza place and its name is Pizza King.
26. You will start to think of tornadoes as no big deal after the first bunch of them.
27. You will put a toboggan on your head when you go tobogganing in the winter.
28. You will learn about the Hoosier celebrities: David Letterman, Florence Henderson, Larry Bird, and Axl Rose. And the list goes on.
29. You will love pork tenderloin sandwiches with all of your heart.
30. You will be late because of a train or tractor and it will be considered a reasonable and acceptable excuse.